Monday, April 29, 2013

Boston

While just scrolling through the "book" as my husband and I call it, I saw a post about a bomb at the marathon. I quickly rushed to the tv to put on the news. Something I have stopped watching since my husbands first deployment. There it was Boston, my city had been bombed. Streets that I had walked on that my friends and family had been on were under attack. I sat there watching the news while post after post on the "book" was about Boston. All I could post was "Praying for Boston." There is always a horrible feeling that you get whenever there is a tragic event any where, but that feeling is a 100% worse when it is your home. Racing through my mind was who was racing this year. Who normally headed over after the Sox game? Who had mentioned they were going in town to watch. It was sicking sitting here in Kansas and not being with my city. Hour after hour passed and the posts were coming like wild fire with a frenzy of people checking in and praying for Boston. After just romping the day before and seeing how many people had come out to support a little romp of 715 runners how many would come for a race of 27,000. The thought of how many could be killed or injured was overwhelming. As the day turned to night all I could do was pray for those who were affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment